One of the things I hate is throwing away good food. With bananas it’s hard to keep them nice and yellow for a long time so many times they were in the trashbin in the past. Not anymore! I learned how to make banana muffins and the best banana muffins are the ones made from overripe bananas.
What I do now is have a few bananas just the way they are but as soon as they become overripe i will make banana muffins to prevent them from ending up in the bin.
Banana muffins can be kept in freezer of quite a long time so I usually make quite a lot of banana muffins and then i put them in seperate plastic bags and put them in the freezer. If i go off to work i just grab one of the muffins from the freezer and eat it at the first coffee break.
Because I like to eat Banana Muffins a lot I try to make them a bit more healthy by using whole wheat flour instead of plain all purpose flour. By adding more fibers in your diet you can be sure you will not feel hungry for a long time.
Making banana muffins is easy
Some people may think that making banana muffins is hard work and think it is complicated. I can assure you that making banana muffins is very easy. One of my favorite banana muffin recipe’s is this one:
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of 0% fat vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of Splenda granular sweetener
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Now the baking process of those delicious whole wheat banana muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl
- Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold until just mixed, not any longer!
- Scoop the batter in the prepared muffin tins and put the muffin tin in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Check with a toothpick for doneness